Saturday, June 28, 2008

Student Life Camp 2008










We made it back yesterday from our first camp with David as the one in charge. David has been nursing a horrible sunburn, but I think he'll pull throuh. There were some discouraging moments before we left for camp, but we left on faith knowing that the ones we took were the ones that God really had something in store for them. Faith has been one of my big prayers lately. I just haven't been expecting much from our experience with this youth group, so I've been aking God to increase my faith. Why can't I just realize that God is much, much bigger than I make him out to be. Well, God did some great work.

We left Sunday after church for Roach, Missouri. We went to Student Life Camp at Camp Windermere on the Lake of the Ozarks. It's a typical youth camp, high energy, lots of activities, much life a Fuge camp. David and I were both blessed by the speaker they had, Thomas Young. He had some different angles of the Gospel that we hadn't considered before and he we very thought provoking. The kids we took really responded to it as well. The Spirit seemed to be burdening and convicting them quite a bit. Normally that's something we may not rejoice in, but this was God helping them realize how much they needed Him. It's hard to watch, but we just kept praying that their grievances would turn them to Him. For one, it did! On Tuesday, June 24 DJ confessed Jesus as Lord and believed that God raised him from the dead! Praise God! We ask that you all pray hard for her constantly. She lives in a troubled home now as the only christian. She has been forced to grow up quickly, now pray that she will grow up quickly in the Lord before things of this world distract her from the commitment she made. Pray for David and I to have wisdom and diligence in discipling her.

I was excited to be able to see my family, even if it was just for a moment. They graciously hosted our little group as we split our travels there and back. I have included a picture of me and Henry. I didn't let go the whole time we hung out with Todd, Crissa, and Dad at Rick's Bakery (one of the Fayetteville treasures). He managed to get the hiccups out of him and fall asleep on me. Wish I could see him more.

P.S. I would still like to have a little better blog page. I'm not hard core with this stuff, but a new name might make it a little snazzier. You might see me experiment with this page as I have not much to do during July. :)






No comments: